Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Mogwai


"dude, its hard to explain what kinda band this is.. its like Radiohead Kid-A with more guitars.. trust me, just listen, oh, and these guys are LOUD"

those were the words that intrigued me about this band called Mogwai, until the very first chord that was played i was still thinking how they sound like in my head.

Ironically, as though they knew that there could be first time listeners there, their first piece eased me in*i found out that this was generally their style, quiet/loud/quiet/loud* and it was kinda like their psychedelic atmospheric rock that i usually enjoy, then it hit me, their LOUD-ness, and the best thing is it was not like super heavy distortion or some shit like that, it was just beautifully loud. *my ears were ringing/partially deaf for a good three days*

well, the main reason why i am so dumbfounded by this band is that i kinda had a musical epiphany. I mean, how can people call Coldplay one of the best bands in the world when u have Mogwai here in the corner? and personally i kinda like how they write their music, its a pure collaborative effort and not just bound on one single person in the band, the way all of them exchange instruments during and after songs, with everyone playing more than one instrument is just amazing, their songs are simple, but engages its listeners with such awe and power that it transcends me. I mean, i may sound like a lil kid discovering candy or chocolate for the first time, but please understand, if u had not heard of Mogwai only to be introduced to them in all their glory, the effect stays for a while.

SO to the lads from Mogwai and my friend for introducing me to them.. i say Thank You. I have recently purchased Mogwai albums and am certain for a fact that they a brilliant. It was an expereince i shall never forget.

No comments: